Saturday, February 14, 2009

What ever happened to NC17?

So yesterday was my favorite day of ALL time, Friday the 13th. For months the plan has been to see the new release of one of the best horror series to come out of the 80s.

The anticipation built up through the day. In true celebration we drank wine and danced in true Bachanal fashion. Laughter and spinning abound!

Suddenly it was time to travel to the movie and claim our seats! Wahoo!


The parking lot was overflowing..... Oh no! Wait... there are teeny boppers swarming the place. This is a good sign! They obviously came to see "our" movie, but they must be underage! There is no way that they all have parents here to get them in! Besides.... there are two showings at this time. There has to be seats!


One for the 9:45 of Friday the 13th. - Oh, I'm sorry. That's sold out, but we have a midnight showing! - AAAAAAARGH!


Suddenly I envision myself throwing a rageful fit about not wishing to stay awake for the late night showing, and pointing out that at least 75% of the seats that they sold to MY time slot were probably filled with children that were not ID'ed at the time of purchase.


Then I realise that I have become the adults that I used to loath when I couldn't get into movies.


So what ever happened to NC17 and its full execution anyway? Manipulating your way in is what makes seeing horror films one of the best times of a teenagers life!

At least I was at one of the best dance parties EVER!

4 comments:

  1. thats a bummer but dance partys are fun too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially when they involve spinning.....

    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! SPIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel that the newly coordinated "mixer" and the rhythmic spinning must make repeat performances. :-)

    ReplyDelete